If you have loose, saggy skin as a result of pregnancy, weight loss or ageing then you need a Skin tightening session at Dr. Varsha Bundele Clinic. Radio Frequency is one of the most talked about treatments around! This treatment tightens the skin using Bi-polar radio wave frequencies which vibrate the water in the dermis causing friction and heat which causes the collagen to contract and become more compact leading to a dramatic tightening and lifting effect. Unlike laser/IPL treatments which tend to be absorbed or scattered by the upper layers of the skin and can cause some burning, RF skin tightening can work into the deeper layers of the skin without doing harm to the upper layers.
Bipolar Radiofrequency (RF) energy is a new and promising technology for non-surgical tightening of the early signs of loose or sagging skin. RF energy alone is primarily used to treat skin laxity by tightening, and is best suited to patients with mild to moderate sagging of facial tissues, usually those in their mid-thirties to fifties, with any skin colour. It is commonly used to treat the forehead, under the eyes, cheeks, mid-face, jaw line and the neck. RF can also be used in conjunction with ultrasound cavitation to aid in further fat breakdown and also to tighten the skin in the same area the cavitation treatment has taken place. The hand piece is slowly rotated over the target area transmitting radio waves through the upper layers of the skin to the dermis, heating the dermis to between 40 & 50 degrees Celsius without burning the skin surface.
- Tissue Retraction: The generated heat causes local contraction of the collagen fibres, to immediately tighten the skin.
- New collagen formation: By heating the dermis, new collagen production is stimulated. This tightening effect is delayed and may take from 3-6 months to be visible.
- Improved circulation: RF will also improve the blood and lymphatic flow. This helps with a better oxygen supply and greater toxin clearance to further reduce the effects of aging.
How does it work?
The handpiece is slowly rotated over the target areas transmitting radio waves through the upper layers of the skin to the dermis. A high Frequency electric wave is generated which penetrates the skin and moves the water molecules causing them to collide with each other, generating heat, and this heat contracts old collagen and stimulates the formation of new collagen. Clinical research has shown that the bulk heating of the connective tissue in the lower layers causes the skin to tighten. RF skin tightening is achieved by the effect of the heat on the collagen fibres which causes them to lose their long fibre structure and shrink into more compact from. This causes an increased tension within the skin which achieves the effect of tightening.
- No anaesthetics
- Lifts skin
- Tightens skin
- Lift in the brow
- Softens lines and wrinkles
- Regenerates collagen in the skin
- Increases fibroblast and collagen production
- Immediate collagen contraction
- RF gives the skin a tighter feel and appearance, and softer diminished lines and wrinkles.